- What would it take for McDavid to win the Calder? (B/R) After losing half a season, Connor McDavid's chances at rookie of the year faded considerably. But they haven't disappeared entirely just yet.
- Edmonton Oilers waive Luke Gazdic (ON) As enforcers continue to be phased out of the NHL, Gazdic finds himself ticketed to the minors.
- NHL positional rankings: Left wing (SN) Jamie Benn remains in the top spot among NHL left wings, but there's been a change at No. 2 as both Taylor Hall and Johnny Gaudreau fall.
- Dennis Wideman's 20-game suspension is too severe (B/R) The NHL acted to protect its referees on Wednesday and that's understandable, even laudable. But it's hard to come up with a rational explanation for Wideman's actions that includes him being coherent enough to intend injury.
- Tape to tape podcast (SN) Talking about Connor McDavid and what's coming up for the Edmonton Oilers.
It was a desire to run a bench in the NHL that brought Nelson to the Edmonton Oilers organization in 2010, and it was the same desire that caused him to exit six years later. Read more at the Edmonton Journal.